The best way to start a new year is too purge your life of all the bad things that have been bringing you down (and we don’t just mean the bad people, either!) With that in mind, Elite Daily has compiled a list of eight things you should ditch if you want to be happier and healthier in 2018:
- Your bathroom scale. At the end of the day, the best gauge of your health is how you feel.
- The hidden pack of cigarettes. Smoking is not good for you. It never has been, and it never will be.
- Your diet soda habit. Get yourself a nice water bottle, or invest in a SodaStream instead.
- Your s**t-talking habit. Whether you’re gossiping or you’re being super hard on your own self, that negativity is not allowed to follow you into the new year.
- All the vintage statement pieces you don’t wear. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing them now, you’re never going to.
- The book you know you aren’t going to read. If you have books lying around that only produce guilt or self-judgment, simply give them away.
- The canvas bags. “Practical” items, like canvas bags or water bottles or reusable coffee cups, really pile up over the years.
- Old makeup. Seriously, it’s not good for your skin.