Ever tell someone your feelings for them only to have it become less rom-com and more um-no? We’ve found a few people to share their most embarrassing attempts at love. Prepare to cringe:
- “I wrote a love letter to the guy I had a two-year crush on and I hid it in a Wham! album (yeah, go ahead, laugh) I had bought him as his Christmas gift. I was too scared to tell him in person, so I just gave him the album and waited for him to read my message. Two weeks later, he told me he “wasn’t ready for a serious relationship”, but that I was a ‘very brave girl.'”
- “I told him I loved him while watching High School Musical. He just said “Oh”.
- “Years ago, I worked at a CVS and was covering the photo counter. A guy came in to drop off his film. I was instantly smitten. He was gorgeous with a great smile. I couldn’t get him out of my head, and so the next day, l got his phone number from the order and left him a voicemail. I told him who I was, that I was new in town and would love for him to show me around the city. He didn’t call me back, but he did show up the next day to pick up his pictures – with his boyfriend.”
- “I had a major crush on a coworker. Every year our company would hold a huge NYE holiday bash. They hired videographers and photographers who would go around taking video and photos which were broadcast on a huge screen at the end. I was drunk on champagne and confessed to a friend that I was in love with our coworker and that I lusted over him. I said my New Year’s Eve resolution was to seduce him. Little did I know this was captured on video and displayed at the end for my entire company’s viewing pleasure and my absolute horrification. What was worse was the video immediately after mine was of him wishing his fiancé a happy new year as she was abroad visiting family. Took me a long time to live that down!”
- “I put a series of creepy notes in my crush’s locker for one week in 8th grade. I’m talking magazine cutout letters arranged to tell him I liked him. At the time, I thought it was the best way to be anonymous. But looking back now, I cringe so hard. Luckily, I don’t think he ever figured out it was me.”