So lots of big kids are planning to attend Halloween parties and maybe you’ve been invited to one and you are just not into going. Or maybe you just need to keep these excuses in your back pocket for another event you don’t want to go to. Whether you are an introvert or just want to stay home in your pajamas binge-watching Sex & the City, here’s a list of five fool-proof excuses to get out of plans:
1. The Apple Care hold line is infinite. The squad will actually feel bad you are missing out on the plan and actually miserable on the phone.
2. Your next door neighbor’s dog just escaped. Of course you have to cancel plans; your neighbor’s poor dog is out there, in the wild city all alone. Luckily, you’re “there” to save it.
3. Your washer broke and there is water everywhere. Warning: This excuse only works if your friends are also really into their plans.
4. Your landlord needs you home for routine maintenance. It’s not too weird if you can’t make it to your 6 p.m. dinner because maintenance is running late again.
5. You’re staying late at work to impress your boss. Just don’t let yourself fall into the trap of believing this lie.