Do you love the euphoric feeling you get while running – but hate actually hitting the pavement? Thankfully, you can do these activities that offer the same type of high:
- Boxing. The feeling of a high, along with clarity of mind, are just a few of the proven benefits behind high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
- Dancing. You’d better believe those endorphins are going to kick up and give you the same benefits of an extended aerobic workout.
- Circuit training. This kind of workout tries to hit every major muscle group with endurance and strength training.
- Swimming. This exercise is somewhat meditative in nature and can help reduce anxiety.
- Kundalini yoga. The breathing techniques and repetitive, physical exercises in kundalini yoga are basically designed to alter your mood.
- Cycling. Getting your butt on the bike is going to trigger those same euphoric benefits, as well as increase heart and lung capacity.