The Emmys are this Sunday and may not be as fun and as booze-filled as the Golden Globes. But the award show still has its fair share of wacky moments. Here are five of the craziest to down, courtesy of Yahoo:
- The Beauty Pageant. In 2011, when Rob Lowe and Sofia Vergara were presenting the winner for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, the nominees decided to get up on stage like they were participating in a beauty pageant! Amy Poehler, Melissa McCarthy, Martha Plimpton, Edie Falco, Tina Fey, and Laura Linney all got up onto the stage and crowned McCarthy when she was the victor.
- Julia Louis-Dreykiss. In 2014, when Veep star Julia Louis-Dreyfus was walking to stage to scoop up her third straight statuette, she got stopped by a mustachioed Bryan Cranston, who gave her a big ol’ kiss on the mouth on her way to the podium.
- Eye Love Lucy. In 1975, Lucille Ball was supposed to present an award, but couldn’t do it because she left her reading glasses behind and couldn’t make out the words, let alone figure out the card she was supposed to read from. She asked for someone to loan her a pair of specs. Milton Berle raced up to Ball and helped her out!
- Cheers? In 1991, as Kirstie Alley was giving a speech after winning Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for her work as Rebecca Howe in Cheers, she got a little dirty thanking then-husband Parker Stevenson. “I wanted to thank my husband,” Alley started. “I’d like to thank my husband Parker, the man who has given me the ‘big one’ for the last eight years.”
- The Daily Stole. This is the only one to span two years of the Emmy Awards! In 2007, when Ricky Gervais won the award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for his work on Extras, he wasn’t in Los Angeles to collect it. Presenters Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart decided to just give it to their friend and former Daily Show colleague, Steve Carell. In 2008, Gervais called out Carell and bullied him into giving the award to him in a hilarious moment.