Got a kid going to college/university this fall? Heading of to college can be an exciting adventure. However, there are a few things every college freshman is sure to miss once they arrive. Break it to them gently by sharing this list with them:
- Your quiet place. All of the time spent in your dorm will be with your roomie, so if you’re someone who likes a little time to themselves, make the most of it now.
- Home-cooked meals. Many schools do indeed actually have decent food. But you’ll still miss a home-cooked meal around your dining table with your family.
- Tests that don’t require all-nighters. There will definitely be the occasional weeks where you’re so busy with projects, essays, and tests, you won’t even remember the last time you slept.
- Having a solid routine. Welcome to college, where the only routine you have is your class schedule.
- Having class with all your friends. The friends you make likely won’t have the same major or class schedule as you, so you’ll be making new friends in classes.