Being a teenager is all about exploring your personal style. However, there are some trends that are better left in high school. With that in mind, here’s a least nine of those “trends” we all thought were super hot at age 18:
- Unnaturally heavy eye makeup. A smoky eye is one thing, but having more eyeliner than eye is pretty scary.
- Wearing knee-high socks with every outfit. T-shirt dresses and knee-highs are cute in theory, but hard to execute.
- Holding “drinks” in your pictures. Those champagne glasses were totally just filled with sparkling cider, because #Under19Problems.
- Duck face. All that matters is that it’s over now.
- Writing reminders all over your hands. As a young adult there are much better uses for your hands than as a drawing board.
- Using emotional song lyrics for every Instagram caption. Sometimes nothing quite expresses how you’re feeling like Fall Out Boy lyrics, and that’s OK.
- Looking moody in all of your selfies. It probably matched your insanely colored hair and thick eyeliner from your emo phase.
- Spamming social media about your “wild night out.” No one likes Instagram spam.
- Wearing super-dark lipstick with every outfit. The key to makeup is balance.