There are some old school dating rules that just don’t apply to dating in 2017. Navigating the world of dating is hard enough without having to worry about the archaic dating rules used by your parents, right?!
With that in mind, here’s five old school dating rules that you don’t have to follow if you don’t want to:
- “Don’t have sex.” New rule: Have sex when you feel like it.
- “Don’t text him first.” New rule: Text him whenever you’d like.
- “Don’t say yes to last-minute plans.” New rule: Be spontaneous.
- “The guy should always pay.” New rule: Split the bill.
- “Don’t let men show their feelings.” New rule: Let men be vulnerable.