BuzzFeed has put together a list of things you can do for your mental health in 2018. Here are 10 worth considering. Got any to add?
- Use social networks to surround yourself with inspiring individuals and cool stuff that makes you genuinely happy. The idea of totally disconnecting from, or spending less time on social networks seems great, but we all know it’s not that easy. Try to maintain a personal feed that makes you happy to be online.
- Ask the people in your life about how they’re doing more often. Understanding what everyone else is going through can give you more perspective on life — and it makes people feel heard.
- Create little rituals that makes you feel happy and present for the moment, no matter what your day was like.Maybe it’s meditating, really enjoying the time you spend putting on makeup, or reading a few pages of a book every day.
- Mix up your daily routine in small ways. You could try out a new recipe, take a different route home, or set aside one day to watch a different kind of Netflix show. Whatever it is, refusing to stay on “autopilot” will keep you feeling inspired and refreshed.
- Find the best way to listen to yourself. Everyone needs an outlet for getting their thoughts out and processing everything. Whether it’s through journalling, going to therapy, or even talking to yourself, find a way to tend to your interior monologue and express yourself.
- Help someone out, or support a cause. You’ll feel useful in a way that isn’t tied to your professional or social standing, and that’s incredibly valuable.
- Donate the things that no longer make sense in your life. This goes for clothes, furniture, etc.
- Make decisions that make you proud. When in doubt, go with what the most important person in your life — that’s you! — would want for you. So often, we mistake being selfish with setting healthy boundaries and self-care.
- Look for a type of exercise you enjoy. Don’t let anyone make you feel like it’s SoulCycle or bust — just find some kind of activity that lets you work off stress and get the endorphins going.
- Dedicate yourself to what’s most important. Because no one ever “has it all,” you get to decide where to focus your precious time and energy. Whatever it is, go all in for it.
Click here is the complete list!