Did you lose weight over the holidays? If so, be prepared to absorb a multitude of nasty glances around the office from your fattened-up co-workers. To this end, Post Grad Problems has come up with an analysis of what how much weight you gained over the holidays says about you:
- Over 15 pounds. You just gave up, didn’t you? I mean, I don’t blame you. One glance at your mom’s famous peanut butter kiss cookies and you decided that you did, in fact, deserve to treat yourself. And then you kept treating yourself, and treating yourself and treating yourself.
- 10-15 pounds. Your tight-fitting clothes don’t look as good as they used to, and you might actually have to use your gym membership to get down to a weight you’re comfortable with before beach season. Sure, you stuffed your face for a good two weeks straight. But the whole time you knew you’d regret it.
- 5-10 pounds. The most understandable of the categories, this is the one most of us fall into if we did things right. Your parents picked up the tab at dinner every night so, sure, you’ll have an extra glass or three of wine. And yeah, let’s take a peek at the dessert menu. Why not? Your mom offered to make you a sandwich each and every day for lunch, as well as hand you one of your dad’s expensive stouts to wash it down? Psh, like you’re going to say no. Sure, you maybe had a salad or two, and you did the occasional physical activity, like going on a hike or bike ride, but fitness and eating healthy weren’t exactly your first thought when you reached for a second helping of your grandma’s cobbler. You know that the point of life is enjoying it. And if you have to cut back for a month after to make up for the damage you did, well, it was worth it.
- 3-5 pounds. At this age, most of us gain three pounds just by looking at a slice of bread. Actually eating it? You’ll be up at least five. Still, you understand the general principals of self-control, moderation and declining third helpings at most functions. Your clothes still fit, and you don’t look very different.
- 1-3 pounds. You didn’t miss a workout, did you? Or if you did, you decided to do yoga with mom or go kayaking with dad, so you still got plenty of physical activity. You had a cookie or two, and you indulged in Christmas Eve dinner. But the rest of the time? You still managed to eat pretty healthy.
- 0 pounds. Maybe you don’t like dessert. Maybe bread and stuffing and cheese and wine and the nice beer your dad stocks the fridge with don’t call to you. Maybe you, dare I say, enjoy working out…Whatever it is, you’ve managed to avoid any holiday weight gain, and for that, we all hate you.