While turning 30 is a big milestone, there are a number of things that come with aging that people fail to warn you about. According to Post Grad Problems, here are six truths you should accept about nearing the big 3-0:
- Naps are essential. You can’t show up to the office smelling like liquor and with bags under your eyes without getting a few looks or a call to HR. Pr tip: respect the nap.
- People (still) do a lot of drugs. Middle-aged people doing cocaine in a pubic bathroom is a sight you’ll probably encounter.
- Everyone wants you to hold their kid. Warning: You look like a monster if you don’t want to hold people’s kids.
- Everyone will ask you when you’re having kids. This happens so routinely that, even if you don’t want kids, it’s not worth explaining.
- People still act like they’re in high school. These type of “adults” will be the first to let you know they “hate drama”–and the first to thrive on creating or facilitating it.
- Swinging is a thing. You’re bound to meet at least one couple that’s into this. No judgement; do you