Harry Potter fans took to Twitter on Thursday to criticize the casting of Johnny Depp for the upcoming film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
Here are some of their most biting tweets about the actor – who will portray the titular evil wizard Gellert Grindelwald – in the film:
- It really isn’t too late to replace Johnny Depp, guys.
- It’s not too late to call Christopher Plummer, WB.
- US: We love Jude Law. THEM: Great we’ve put him in a lovely beard and sassy coat. US: We hate Johnny Depp. THEM: Great we’ve put him in the title.
- It breaks my heart that I can’t support Fantastic Beasts more because of Johnny Depp’s involvement in the franchise. I can’t reconcile a beloved chapter of my childhood with an abusive a**hole.
- Opening scene: Johnny Depp takes off his mask. It’s Idris Elba.
- The real crime of Grindelwald is taking Colin Farrell away from us in favor of Johnny Depp.
- Bring back Colin Farrell!!!! No one asked for that clown looking man.
- How the f**k are we still employing Johnny Depp after everything we know about what he did to Amber Heard?
- FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF JOHNNY DEPP