Need an excuse to make yourself a mid-week cocktail? Here are 13 interesting facts about vodka to help you make that decision:
- Vodka does not contain any sugar, yeast, fat, cholesterol, sodium, or carbs. Vodka is one of the lowest-calorie liquors.
- A one-and-a-half ounce shot of 70-proof vodka has 85 calories.
- Vodka increases blood flow to the heart and creates better HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels.
- Drinking vodka may be healthier than drinking red wine.
- Some of the best recipes are made with vodka, like Penne Alla Vodka.
- Vodka tightens your pores.
- Vodka may also have antiseptic properties.
- Vodka can be therapeutic when consumed, or when applied topically to your body.
- Vodka can be used to clean just about anything at home.
- Vodka reduces stress.
- Vodka can be made from nearly any fermented food that contains sugar or starch, then it’s distilled to increase alcohol content.
- The name vodka derives from the Russian word, “voda,” which means water.
- Lastly – and possibly most importantly – you are less likely to have a hangover after drinking vodka.
(Please drink/apply/clean/de-stress responsibly.)