Working in retail comes with a unique set of challenges. Among them? Testy customers. Of course! But that just scratches the surface! With that in mind, BuzzFeed has compiled a list of 34 things that retail workers can identify with.
Here are 10 of them:
- Constantly being told the same joke is a daily occurrence. (“If it doesn’t scan, it must be free!”)
- Fake laughing? You’ve become a pro at that.
- And you’ve lost count of how many times you had to say “Sorry, we’re closed.”
- Even when you’re on your best behavior, customers still find a way to test you.
- Or they just flat-out ignore you.
- It’s a real struggle to keep that fake smile on when you get asked dumb questions.
- Once you’re done for the day, you’re done.
- The constant struggle between making money and having an actual life is always on your mind.
- Just your alarm going off in the morning is enough to make you question everything.
- Sometimes you think you’ll need more than just sheer willpower to get through the day.
Check out the full list at Buzzfeed!