Hey guys and gals! We all know being the only single person in a group of friends can be daunting. But it isn’t the end of the world – you just have to train your brain to think differently about your situation! We’ve put together a list of six things you should remember when everyone around you is getting engaged:
- You didn’t meet your significant other yet for a reason. The right special someone is out there somewhere, so don’t dwell on it.
- You have time to do everything you always wanted to do. Use this time to check off all of those awesome things you want to do for yourself.
- Your Pinterest board will be full of dreamy ideas when the time is right. You’ll learn what you definitely want–and what you definitely don’t want–for your special day.
- You’ll be more financially stable. You have time to really establish your career and embrace everything that goes along with it.
- You can binge-watch your favorite series in peace. A bottle of rosé and chocolate-covered strawberries to complete the night? Duh.
- You’re an amazing resource for friends looking to start a family. If any of your currently engaged friends decide to start a family soon after they get married, you’ll be there to help out with anything they need.