At Mix 96-5, we know all about smelly spaces. Our announcers have to sit in the same studio for hours each day, with no air circulation to move around our coffee breath, microwaved snacks and body odor. Don’t you want to come visit us, now?!
So when someone complains about having a smelly kitchen, we step in and lend a hand! Because we know smells – and how to mask them (and no, it’s not with farts – believe us, we tried.)
Here are six tips for getting rid of the smell in your kitchen before it spreads throughout your home:
- Open windows, close doors and set up a fan.
- Keep an odor absorber around.
- While you’re cooking, light a candle.
- Use a splatter screen that absorbs odor, too.
- After cooking, clean immediately.
- White vinegar is magic. Keep small bowls of white vinegar in the kitchen, simmer white vinegar on the stove top, or even spray it on fabrics and cabinets that have absorbed the smell.