Even when you can’t make it to the gym (or refuse to go at all) there’s still plenty of things you do over the weekend that totally count as exercise, man! Here’s seven of those tasks you’re likely do every weekend that could be considered exercise:
- Running errands. The benefits of walking are the least of it, amirite?
- Helping your friend move. Moving somebody’s dresser up the stairs is not only a way to strengthen those muscles, it also gets the heart rate up.
- Going to a museum. Walking around all day and staying on your feet is sure to keep your blood pumping consistently.
- Gardening. If you’ve ever spent the day gardening, you know it’s a really great way to keep your body moving constantly.
- That not-so-lazy beach day. Running over to the water and splashing around like a merperson is sure to increase your heart rate.
- Attending your best friend’s dance party. Stay out that extra hour and put your hands in the air like you just don’t care.
- Spring cleaning. Just think about how many hours you’ve spent moving furniture, reaching those books on the top shelf and mopping the floor.