Forbes’ has released their list of the world’s highest paid actors and the list has us scratching our heads a tad.
Mark Wahlberg is the world’s highest-paid actor, earning $68 million over the past 12 months. He edges out last year’s top-ranked male movie star, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, as well as a trio of Bollywood actors who cracked Forbes‘ top 10:
- Mark Wahlberg, $68 million
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, $65M
- Vin Diesel, $54.5M
- Adam Sandler, $50.5M
- Jackie Chan, $49M
- Robert Downey Jr., $48M
- Tom Cruise, $43M
- Shah Rukh Khan, $38M
- Salman Khan, $37M
- Akshay Kumar, $35.5M
- Chris Hemsworth, $31.5 million
- Tom Hanks, $31 million
- Samuel L. Jackson, $30.5 million
- Ryan Gosling, $29 million
- Emma Stone, $26 million
- Jennifer Aniston, $25.5 million
- Jennifer Lawrence, $24 million
- Ryan Reynolds, $21.5 million
- Matt Damon, $21 million
- Jeremy Renner, $19 million
Notice something about the Top 20? The first female doesn’t show up until Emma Stone in 15th place, making $26 million. She won a freaking Oscar! This list not only brings to mind the gender pay gap in Hollywood, but also the conversation of diversity.
Also, looking at this list: I think I picked the wrong career.