Summer is here and maybe you’ve developed one of those summer-romances that you suspect won’t last through the fall. Or maybe you have just been dumped by some jerk who just wants to be single for the summer. Well we’re to help. And as cheesy as this advice is – there’s a reason it’s repeated over and over again.
While the end of a relationship takes some time to get over, here’s five pieces of post-breakup advice that actually work:
- “They call it a breakup because it’s broken.” Your relationship ended because it was flawed, and you were unhappy.
- “You deserve better.” You never want to force anyone to like you, and if someone doesn’t want to be with you, then you really do deserve better.
- “You can only love others if you love yourself.” A relationship is a crashing airplane, and self-love is the oxygen mask.
- “Time heals.” Everything gets better with time.
- “Living well is the best revenge.” Living well is not caring about revenge at all, but instead, focusing on yourself and your happiness.