When you think about about life before 2001, was it hell or was it heaven? So much has changed in the past 16 or so years hasn’t it? Life was full of hardships before the 2000’s! Okay, maybe we’re exaggerating…a little bit.
But just because and all-in-good fun, here are 10 awful first-world problems that we all had to endure:
- Getting a full arm workout every time you pulled up to the drive-thru and had to get the car window down.
- Waiting to go online until someone was off the phone, or trying to make a call and hearing loud dial-up screeching.
- Texting with T9 and taking five minutes to write one sentence. (The Morse Code of our generation.)
- Having to rewind your Blockbuster rental before returning it, even though the jerk who rented it before you didn’t rewind.
- Having your cassette recording ruined because the radio DJ wouldn’t shut up (hey!)
- Accidentally seeing a crap movie in theaters because Rotten Tomatoes didn’t exist.
- Wanting a phone for your bedroom but not having a phone jack in there.
- Having to clean all the gunk off your computer mouse’s roller ball.
- The bottoms of your wide-leg pants getting all wet and worn out.
- Ripping the tag off your Beanie Baby, thus destroying your retirement plan.
Check out this video we found of teens trying to text with the old T9 method: