Do your friends accuse you of being negative when you’re just being realistic? Here are 10 struggles that every cynic deals with. If this list makes you roll your eyes, then you are a cynic (be loud and be proud!) But we believe that cynics really, really hate lists so they will really hate us for even posting this.
1. Everyone automatically assumes you’re a pessimist when you’re really just a realist.
2. Or they think that you can’t have a good time because you hate everything.
3. You’re fluent in sarcasm.
4. You tend to accidentally offend people you don’t know very well.
5. You constantly hear the phrase “When I first met you, I thought you were a b**ch.”
6. You’ve resisted the urge to scream whenever someone says “you should smile more.”
7. Your friends are always skeptical when you say something wholeheartedly sincere.
8. It takes every bit of energy to avoid a massive eyeroll when someone uses a cheesy cliché.
9. You scroll as quickly as possible whenever you see a poorly Photoshopped motivational quote on Facebook.
10. You constantly resist the urge to tell your idealist friends “I told you so.”