When you’re young and dating, you could easily stop dating someone because of a minor red flag. But once you get older, you learn to overlook A LOT because the pool is smaller or time is running out for your white-picket-fence dreams. You’ll find yourself saying things like, “Oh, you don’t ever shower? That’s so environmentally conscious!”
Hey! You still need to recognize a few red flags. Recognizing them early means you will be taken advantage of less and give you the freedom and time to meet someone who really suits you!
A new survey asked people which of these red flags would make them stop dating someone. Here are the results:
1. They’re very jealous and don’t like it when you hang out with your friends instead of them; 84% say they’d dump someone over that red flag.
2. They’re really flaky and constantly cancel plans at the last minute: 82%.
3. They keep bringing up their ex on a first date: 78%.
4. They’re rude to your server on your first dinner date: 77%.
5. They flirt with other people in front of you: 70%.
6. Their friends are awful: 68%.
7. They admit they cheated on their last significant other: 61%.
8. After you have sex for the first time, it’s awful and you realize you’re not sexually compatible: 60%.
9. Bad personal hygiene: 52%.
10. You have opposite political views: 48%.
What dating red flag had you running the other way?